Friday, September 02, 2005

Ten Minute Patties

I planned my run to the shops diligently. Call ahead with the order, they said 10 minutes.

It never is, but you don't want to risk it. Soppy sauce soaked into a sour dough bun is to be avoided and hot chips have infinitely less flavour once they hit room temperature. 'tepid' chips doesnt have much of a ring to it.

A quick dash to the IGA and we're all stocked up with fizzy drink and chocolate biscuits. How else does one spend a friday night? I am just in time for my 10 minute deadline and ready to head home.

Tragedy strikes - hamburgers are not ready. How can that be? We ordered ahead. 15 minutes later we have food. That's a total of 25 minutes. When asked why it took so long it was explained to me that lots of orders came in after ours. A short discussion about the logic of queue systems failed to impress upon the hamburger seller the inadequacy of her response. If it takes four staff over 25 minutes to prepare a fast-food order it is my guess that BurgerEdge will soon plummet over the precipice.